Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Train Like a Champion

     Today was a new day. I'm finally at a place where I know that I'm a new person. I am the kind of person who eats fruit when she wants something sweet (which I did tonight). I am the kind of person who doesn't quit or eat food that doesn't help her reach her goals I am the kind of person who works hard and gets things done. I am committed to my goals and won't give up.  
     I recently started reading Dan Ariely's latest book, The Honest Truth About Dishonesty and there was a part that spoke to me-that we don't have a good sense of who we are, instead we observe ourselves and judge what kind of people we are from our actions. Ariely uses the example of if we give a needy person a sandwich, we think well of ourselves. 


     This sentiment also reminded me of another quote I've heard recently: "If you want to be a champion, you have to train like a champion." I must act like the person I want to be. There are so many quotes that speak to this:


     The more I act like the ideal of myself, the easier it will be until I actually am that person. Although there are a lot of goals I have for myself, I first want to focus on my fitness and health goals. Tomorrow I will detail those goals and in future posts I want to go into more background but for now I just want to express that I will change. I am changing. I am strong enough. I am the person I want to be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment